Mexico Fishing FAQ
- Are shots or pills needed to visit this area of Mexico?
- Do I need a passport or VISA?
- Americans need a passport to visit Mexico.
- Is there an age limitation?
- We request guests be a minimum 16 years old, but depending upon the group there can be exceptions for children.
- What do you do for a medical emergency?
- We have medical supplies at the lodge for routine needs. There is always a vehicle available at the lodge so we may transport someone to medical care if the need arises.
- What if I don't speak Spanish?
- You do not need to speak Spanish although it helps. Most of our guides speak little or no English. We recommend you show your guide your tackle box and he will then suggest what you should use. Our Camp Manager, head guide and transporter all speak English well, and some other staff understands some English. You'll be fine even if you don't understand or speak Spanish.
- What is the tipping protocol?
- We do not have an established tipping policy; it is totally up to you. The average recommended minimum guide tip is $20 per boat, per day or $10 per fisherman for your guide. The guide is tipped at the end of the trip. In addition to this, most camps around the world suggest a pool tip of 5% to be divided among cooks, waiters, maids, driver and camp manager. If anyone goes out of their way to make your trip better, keep that person in mind when tips are distributed. Camp tips should be given to the manager just before departure. Any special tips, for special employees should be given to them directly.
|Join Our Mailing List|